Here's a list of the music featured in this episode. Click any artist name to hear more music online:
1. Superswamp Heroes “Lydia Mill” (Pawleys Island)
2. Ques Bois “South Carolina” (Myrtle Beach)
3. She Ate My Soul “The Good Soldier” (Myrtle Beach)
4. Geek Sqwad “Love Myself” (Concord, N.C.)
5. The Restoration “You Know What to Do” (Lexington, S.C.)
6. Cortez and the Killers “Gotta Good Friend” (Little River)
7. DeBre “Carolina Flow” (Myrtle Beach)
8. The Avett Brothers “Head Full of Doubt, Road Full of Promise” (Concord, N.C.)
Kicking off this week, we've got a tune from Southern Rock group Superswamp Heroes, a well-known local act who's returned to action recently after ex-guitarist Steve Senes left in 2010 to pursue a solo record deal. The band recently opened for Blackberry Smoke at The Boathouse in April and is working on material for a second album, which they hope to record with Myrtle Beach native Mike Rogers in Nashville in the near future.
We've also got a trio of hip-hop tracks that run the gamut from the old-school (Ques Bois) to up-and-coming (DeBre) to swagged out in the self-empowered "Love Myself" by Spacboy, Moe and Easy of N.C.'s Geek Sqwad.
And if that's not enough, one of S.C.'s biggest buzz bands The Restoration is featured alongside one of the most successful Carolinas acts of recent years in The Avett Brothers with a song from 2010's "I And Love And You."
Thanks for checking us out and please continue to help us improve by leaving feedback on what you like, what you hate or what you'd like to hear more of in a comment below or by dropping us a line. Click below to listen to this week's episode or subscribe via iTunes: