Here's a list of the music featured in this episode. Click any artist name to hear more music online:
1. Lizzy Roberts Band “Mad Farmer” (Durham, N.C.)
2. The Mobros “Mississippi Woman” (Camden, S.C.)
3. The Big Lie “Carolina” (Pawleys Island)
4. This is For My Friends “Nights With you” (Myrtle Beach)
5. Rich Kustera "Carolina Nights" (Myrtle Beach)
6. American Parts “Wait For You” (Myrtle Beach)
7. Kyle Lindley “Talking Alcohol” (Currie, N.C.)
Typically Atypical took a quick two week vacation to kick off summer — we do occassionally have to get out of Myrtle Beach after all — but we're back with plenty of sunny grooves to get you through the week.
This week's episode kicks off with a tune from pop act the Lizzy Ross Band, who performed alongside Death of Paris during the Divas Marathon Kickoff Concert in North Myrtle Beach a few weeks back. The fresh voice and unique Rootsy pop style of this young N.C.-based singer-songwriter caught us by surprise a few weeks back and we've been stuck listening to her awesomely polished full-band debut "Read Me Out Loud" ever since.
We've also got a pair of Carolina-themed songs with odes to the Palmetto state from The Big Lie and Rich Kustera (via Brian Lea McKenzie's Music Factory). Round it out with a great new release from American Parts and a funky little number from The Mobros — who will play at Hot Fish Club on June 10 — and you've got something worth listening to.
Thanks for checking us out and please continue to help us improve by leaving feedback on what you like, what you hate or what you'd like to hear more of in a comment below or by dropping us a line. Click below to listen to this week's episode or subscribe via iTunes: