One of the most interesting things about music to us has always been to think about how music affects mood or, conversely, how mood and other external factors can influence the music you listen to in a given day. Take today for example, waking up to a gray sky and damp, cool day on the Grand Strand, it only seemed appropriate that we had a few tracks to match the weather.
This week's episode starts out with a straight up Blues song "Damn These Blues" from our favorite "American Idol" contestant Elise Testone and her band The Freeloaders, out of Charleston. It goes on to include some nice, downtempo numbers — including two which highlight the talents of local musician Claudia Gregory — before picking up a bit and ending on a sunnier note.
Thanks again for checking us out and please continue to help us improve by leaving feedback on what you like, what you hate or what you'd like to hear more of in a comment below or by dropping us a line. And don't forget to subscribe via iTunes!
Here's a tracklist of the music featured in this episode. Click any artist's name to find out more and hear more of their music online:
- The Freeloaders “Damn These Blues” (Charleston)
- The Mint “Time Slows Down” (Georgetown)
- Feel No Other “My Brother’s Guns and Knives” (Myrtle Beach)
- Claudia Vs. The Queen of Hearts “Airplanes” (Myrtle Beach)
- When Mary Met Vinny “Total Departure” (Myrtle Beach)
- Hounds and Rabbits “Zoe” (Pee Dee Swamps...)
- Solitary Memories “Music to Drown By? Now I Know I'm In First Class!” (Myrtle Beach)
- Wonder Shakedown “Exclamation” (Myrtle Beach)
Click below to listen to this week's episode: