Every Monday, we help our readers get off to a musical start with five of the most interesting stories, sites and songs to wrap up the past 7 days and look forward to another great week:
1. New House of Blues dates
- April 29 - Cody Simpson & Greyson Chance w/ Camryn & Shane Harper, $17.50 Adv/ $20.50 DOS, 7 p.m.
- May 11 - Third Eye Blind; $25.00 Adv/ $30.50 DOS, 7:30 p.m.
- May 19 - Neon Trees w/ The Limousines & Eastern Conference Champions; $17.50 Adv/ $20.50 DOS, 7 p.m.
- May 20 - Appetite for Destruction & Slippery When Wet; $12.00, 7:30 p.m.
- May 21 - 38 Special w/ Ponderosa; $27.50 Adv/ $30.00 DOS, 8 p.m.
- May 28 - Grace Potter and The Nocturnals; $17.50 Adv/ $20.50 DOS, 7 p.m.
- July 27 - Cinderella; $27.50 Adv/ $30.00 DOS, 8 p.m.
ON SALE THIS WEEK
- May 29 - Bone Thugs & Harmony; $25.00 Adv/ $28.00 DOS, 8:30 p.m. (On Sale Saturday)
- June 22 - Good Charlotte & Yellowcard w/ Runner Runner; $26.00 Adv/ $29.00 DOS, 7:30 p.m. (On Sale Friday)
- July 15 - Jamey Johnson; $28.00 Adv/ $30.00 DOS, 7 p.m. (On Sale Friday)
- July 18 - Rolling Papers U.S. Tour: Wiz Khalifa w/ Big Sean & Chevy Woods; $35.00 Adv/$38.00 DOS (On Sale April 20)
- August 17 - Guster & Jack's Mannequin (On Sale Friday)
2. TopMics to stop in S.C.
3. The Digitel comes to #MYR
4. Links of the week
- Great story on the rise & fall of The Drag in this week's Weekly Surge.
- Check out local hip-hoppers Exklusive Musik on Reverbnation.
- Interview with JJ Grey here and photos from his Sunday show at The Boathouse here.
- Local act Treehouse had a new beverage called Simmer out at our show on Saturday. It's an "extreme relaxation drink" made by Coke. Sure, it's silly and not music-related but we're suckers for a good product gimmick. Check it out here or another similiar beverage called Drank here.